RELEASE, WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK
I have applied to the Caveirinha Jiu Jitsu Academy, through CJJF Central, LLC (“Academy”) for Jiu Jitsu instruction. CJJF Central, LLC is associated with and sanctioned by the Caveirinha Jiu-Jitsu Family Association (“Association”), which I will be joining in connection with the instruction provided by the Academy and any Jiu Jitsu competition in which I may participate. I, the undersigned hereby waive all claims against any and all persons associated with Caveirinha Jiu Jitsu Family Association LLC.
In consideration of the Academy’s agreement to provide Jiu Jitsu instruction to me and the membership benefits provided by the Association relating to that instruction, I hereby agree to release and discharge the Academy, the Association, Mind & Body Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, LLC and their predecessors, successors, assigns, agents, members, owners, shareholders, representatives, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Caveirinha Jiu Jitsu Academy") on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
- I understand that I am participating in a martial art which involves physical contact. I understand that this form of martial arts involves choke holds, arm locks, neck cranks, ankle locks, throws, slams, punches, kicks, elbows, knees, and such which could potentially cause serious injury or even death. I assume full responsibility for all my actions during and connected to the Caveirinha Jiu Jitsu Academy and Association. I understand the risk of participating in this form of martial arts training and voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Caveirinha Jiu Jitsu Academy and all of its agents, employees, and associates of and from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, medical bills, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of relating to any negligent or other act or omission, and/or any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the undersigned or any property of the undersigned in participating in this form of training.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
- I, the undersigned also state that I am in good physical condition and know of no reason why I cannot participate in this form of training. I understand that in case of emergency, I herby authorize any licensed medical personnel to perform any accepted medical assistance deemed necessary and I agree to bear the expense of any such treatment.
- I, the undersigned, being duly aware of the risks and hazards inherent upon participating in this form of martial arts agreed to all its rules, terms, and conditions. I acknowledge that I have received a copy of the Caveirinha Jiu Jitsu Academy rules, training rules, and sparring rules, have read them, understand them, and agree to honor and obey them. I understand that disobeying the rules may, at the instructors discretion, may result in suspension or expulsion from Caveirinha Jiu Jitsu Academy and that I will not be entitled to a refund.
- Should Caveirinha Jiu-Jitsu Family, or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume - and bear the costs of - all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit against Caveirinha Jiu Jitsu Academy, I agree to do so solely in the state of Hawaii, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state.
As additional consideration for training at the Caveirinha Jiu Jitsu Academy, I agree that my attendance and/or performance at the academy and abroad at events and such may be photographed, filmed and/or taped and used by Caveirinha Jiu Jitsu Academy for marketing purposes and I authorize the use of my image and I waive any compensation thereof – even if I discontinue my training at the Caveirinha Jiu Jitsu Academy.
In signing the foregoing release, the undersigned hereby acknowledges and represents: that he/she has read the foregoing release, understands it and signs it voluntarily; that he/she is over 18 yrs of age and of sound mind. If under 18, parent/legal guardian in signing this release agrees to all its terms and conditions.
PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIANS ADDITIONAL INDEMNIFICATION
(Must be completed for participants under the age of 18)
I warrant and represent that I am the parent or legal guardian of (print minor’s name) (“Minor”) In consideration of Minor's being permitted by Caveirinha Jiu Jitsu Academy, CJJF Central, LLC and/or Caveirinha Jiu-Jitsu Family Association, to participate in its activities and to use its equipment and facilities, I further agree to indemnify and hold Caveirinha Jiu Jitsu Academy, CJJF Central, LLC and/or Caveirinha Jiu-Jitsu Family Association, from any and all claims which are brought by, or on behalf of Minor, and which are in any way connected with such use or participation by Minor.